Cellulite has been a huge problem for a very long time! Cellulite—which is characterized by dimpled, lumpy appearance—is mainly caused by three specific factors:
- Uneven globular fat (essentially “fat droplets” under the skin)
- Irregular thickness of overlying skin
- Dimpling caused by tethering of skin attachment to lower tissues
For years, doctors and body sculpting surgeons have tried treating cellulite with creams, but the results were less-than-satisfactory. However, thanks to new technologies, we can now attack the root cause of cellulite directly!
Cellulite Treatments at Gotham Plastic Surgery
At Gotham Plastic Surgery, we offer patients the best and most state-of-the-art cellulite treatment devices that specifically attack all three factors behind cellulite. With Body-Tite, we can help reduce unwanted cellulite on multiple areas of the body, including the arms, legs, buttocks, and more.
A Body-Tite procedure utilizes various treatment methods when dealing with cellulite. First off, radiofrequency lasers will be used to thicken the skin. Liposuction may also be performed, which removes the fat and other elements that cause skin dimpling.
Aside from in-office procedure, cellulite can also be reduced via diet and exercise (to a minimal degree). An increase in physical activities and a change in diet may lessen the amount of globular, but it will not help with irregular skin thickness nor with skin dimpling.
After years of expensive creams that do not work, patients finally have an option to improve cellulite on tough and frustrating areas of the body. Contact the body sculpting experts at Gotham Plastic Surgery to learn more cellulite treatments today!
Enlarged male breasts, a condition medically referred to as gynecomastia, is quite common, affecting more than 60% of the male population at some stage in life — yet it is often a sensitive topic for many men.
While gynecomastia is generally a benign condition, it can cause severe emotional suffering and embarrassment. Gynecomastia can develops for multiple reasons, including hormonal imbalances. It may also be associated with the use of certain prescription medications and with certain medical conditions. In some cases, the enlargement of the breast is due to excess fatty deposits rather than excess glandular tissue, a condition often referred to as pseudogynecomastia.
For those unable to resolve gynecomastia symptoms despite initial efforts under doctor supervision, it is important to know that breast enlargement can be surgically treated to improve the appearance and restore a firmer, flatter male chest. There are two types of surgery to treat an enlarged male breast: liposuction surgery, which removes breast fat only, and male breast reduction surgery, which removes breast gland tissue.
Are You a Candidate for Male Breast Reduction Surgery?
Not every male is a candidate for gynecomastia surgery. However, if you suffer from one or more of the following conditions, we advise that you contact Gotham Plastic Surgery and see if you’re a candidate for this life-changing procedure:
- You are mentally and physically healthy.
- You are within normal body weight.
- You are looking to improve your appearance and boost your self-confidence.
- Your breast development has stabilized. Most doctors recommend waiting until after puberty before considering surgery, as pubertal gynecomastia can resolve over time.
- You are bothered, embarrassed and/or ashamed by enlarged breasts, (i.e. experiencing anxiety about taking your shirt off at the beach or gym).
- You experience physical discomfort from oversized breasts.
- You wear undergarments to disguise the appearance of enlarged breasts.
- You have exhausted appropriate exercise and dieting routines.
- You are not currently taking any medications known to cause gynecomastia. Medication induced gynecomastia can resolve if you substitute medications or stop per doctor advisement.
- Your condition has lasted 12 months or longer.
- You have good skin elasticity which will aptly reshape post surgery.
- You are emotionally stable with realistic expectations for surgical cosmetic achievement.
Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine your candidacy for male breast reduction. Electing a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive training and experience to perform your male breast reduction surgery will minimize associated surgery risks and maximize cosmetic results.
Contact Gotham Plastic Surgery Today
Dr. Douglas S. Steinbrech, M.D., F.A.C.S. is a fully trained plastic and reconstructive surgeon, board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons under the American Board of Medical Specialties. Dr. Steinbrech is a diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has been selected as one of America’s Top Plastic Surgeons by the Consumers’ Research Council of America.
Dr. Steinbrech performs male breast reduction surgery on an outpatient basis at the JCAHO accredited office-based surgery facility at Gotham Plastic Surgery of New York. Dr. Steinbrech’s clinical appointments include Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, New York University Downtown Hospital and Lenox Hill Hospital. Contact Gotham Plastic Surgery in Manhattan, New York to schedule a private consultation with Dr. Steinbrech today.