How To Get Back Your Body After Kids
Mothers are bombarded with the concept of having to “bounce back” after having babies. From Kate Middleton’s consistently fit and fabulous appearance to all the magazine covers and social media feeds showing how celebrities and influencers are already looking photoshoot-ready in a bikini (complete with six-pack abs) just weeks after giving birth.
Meanwhile, you are wondering if you can ever escape being held prisoner by your ultra-comfy pair of sweatpants. What you need to know is that getting your body back is not all about vanity –it’s about reclaiming yourself –and a Mommy Makeover or other non-surgical procedures could be your key to, once again, feeling good inside and out.
Dr. Douglas Steinbrech and the team at Gotham Plastic Surgery offer the Mommy Makeover along with non-invasive treatment options for skin and body rejuvenation, all performed in our state-of-the-art facility. Dr. Philip Miller offers facial treatments that can restore your pre-pregnancy vitality and glow to your face. Renowned for our innovative techniques, impressive results, and thousands of satisfied patients, we are the number one choice for plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery, and non-surgical procedures in New York City.
Look And Feel Empowered
It is a fact that moms want to look and feel healthier, stronger, fitter, and more beautiful. And what moms need to take note of, is that it is not selfish to make yourself a priority. You should not feel guilty about self-care. Why not? Because taking care of yourself should not ever be a luxury but rather, a fundamental component of your well-being. So, if you want to feel free again as you take your kids to the playground without having the nagging anxiety and self-consciousness of having to conceal your body, or if you simply want to be more fearless and confident, treat yourself. At Gotham Plastic Surgery, you have several options for surgery to injectables to get your body back.
What Is A Mommy Makeover?
A Mommy Makeover is a specialized combination of procedures designed to reverse the physical changes women can experience during pregnancy.
Possible procedures included in a Mommy Makeover and performed by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Douglas Steinbrech are:
- Breast Reduction – a surgical procedure that removes excess fat and glandular tissue, and also tightening the remaining skin. The result is smaller, lighter breasts that are not only more proportionate to the rest of your body but will also help relieve common concerns that are associated with large breasts, including pain, improper posture, rashes, and poor self-esteem.
- Breast Lift – a mastopexy or breast lift is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin and tightens the supporting tissues to restore a more youthful, uplifted shape to the breasts. Surgery can also reduce the size of large areolas.
- Tummy Tuck – if you have stretched skin and muscles resulting from pregnancy, a tummy tuck can be particularly beneficial for you. This surgical procedure removes excess skin while tightening the muscles of the abdominal wall, helping restore a flatter, more toned appearance to the waist and abdomen. It may be combined with liposuction to eliminate stubborn fat in the abdomen or flanks.
- Liposuction – Ultrasound-Assisted Lipectomy (UAL), Suction-Assisted Lipectomy (SAL), and tumescent liposuction can sculpt the body after pregnancy for a more toned and contoured shape. It is ideal for improving areas of the body that no longer respond to diet and exercise, including the arms, abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, and buttocks. Through tiny incisions made on the body, a small tube called a cannula is inserted to break up the fat which is then suctioned out. In addition, Dr. Steinbrech offers high-definition liposuction for more precise results.
Non-Surgical Mommy Makeover Options
While Mommy Makeover results can be dramatic, the procedures will require a significant amount of downtime. In addition, you may just want simple tweaks here and there –perhaps, a few inches off your waist and an appearance that looks less tired. When combined strategically, these less invasive treatments can give you results that are more subtle than their surgical counterparts but will be just as satisfying.
Here are common non-surgical treatments offered at Gotham Plastic Surgery that are perfect for your mommy makeover:
- Liquid Facelift – our facial plastic surgeon, Philip Miller MD, uses a combination of facial fillers such as Restylane and Juvéderm that fill in areas of the face where hollows have developed or where fat has depleted with age. These fillers will plump and contour the face, filling in wrinkles, lines, and creases, giving you a more youthful appearance. They will also plump facial folds and improve under-eye bags and hollows. Treatment areas can include the eyes, cheeks, mouth area, chin, and lips. Botox injections can also be performed to address dynamic wrinkles such as crow’s feet, forehead wrinkles, and frown lines. The non-surgical facelift can also be combined with skin tightening treatments such as Ulthera to address sagging skin.
- CoolSculpting – delivers freezing temperatures through the skin to underlying fat cells, causing them to crystallize. Fat cells will then undergo apoptosis, a process of cell death which results in them gradually being absorbed by the body. In addition, Gotham Plastic offers Dual CoolSculpting which allows faster, more efficient treatment time for optimal patient comfort.
- Eye Rejuvenation – Dr. Miller utilizes a combination of neuromodulators and/or facial fillers to reduce wrinkles, minimize dark areas, and restore facial volume around the eye area. Localized Botox injections can address vertical brow lines and crow’s feet, giving you a non-surgical brow lift that will leave you with a more youthful and alert appearance.
- Scar Revision – for C-section scars, a skin needling treatment can be used to flatten scar tissue, resulting in smoother skin. This technique creates hundreds of microscopic pinpricks that activate the body’s natural wound healing process. As your skin heals, collagen production is stimulated, naturally filling in wrinkles and scars.
Choosing The Right Surgeon
If you’re choosing to have a major procedure such as a Mommy Makeover or facial rejuvenation post-pregnancy, you should carefully select a surgeon you can trust. It is vital to choose a plastic surgeon that you feel comfortable with and is more than qualified to provide you with the results you desire. Dr. Steinbrech and Dr. Miller are board-certified and considered some of the country’s foremost experts in bodily and facial rejuvenation, respectively. For more than two decades, they have dedicated their careers to providing patients with customized surgical and non-surgical procedures. To learn more about their board certification by the American College of Surgeons, visit facs.org
Schedule An Appointment in our New York Office Today
Having a Mommy Makeover, surgical or not, can do more than just restore your pre-pregnancy body. It can give you your self-confidence back, which may be the most essential benefit of all. To learn more about our post-pregnancy treatments, contact our medical spa at Gotham Plastic Surgery in New York to schedule a consultation.
Plastic Surgery from Head to Toe
At Gotham Plastic Surgery, we create custom treatment plans that combine minimally-invasive techniques and advanced technology to help patients achieve the best version of themselves. Our unique NatraFace™ approach addresses both restorative and transformative changes.
Gotham’s expert physicians perform advanced surgical and non-surgical procedures that smooth the skin around the eyes to give patients a refreshed look. Our custom NatraEye™ technique combines the use of chemical peels, lasers, eyelash enhancement, and injectables with precision procedures, including:
Our esteemed surgeons utilize the NatraNose™ technique to bring together innovative artistry and unparalleled skill to deliver results that look natural, improve nasal function, and help achieve each patient’s aesthetic goals.
Regardless of your aesthetic goals, Gotham has the skill and technique required for the breast procedure that suits you. Whether adding symmetry or restoring the breast following a mastectomy, Gotham provides patients with enhanced feminine contours and improved body proportions.
Patients from all over the world have undergone amazing body transformation at Gotham, enjoying slimmer bodies with satisfying contours. Our advanced physicians apply their skill and expert technique to precisely sculpt other areas of the body, including the cheeks, chin, buttocks, hips, love handles, knees, upper arms, thighs, and even the neck.
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Revision Tummy Tuck
- Liposuction (Lipoplasty or Lipectomy)
- Body Banking
Known for our flawless techniques and a range of skincare options, Gotham Plastic Surgery has all the tools necessary for complete, natural, and comprehensive rejuvenation. As part of a customized treatment plan, these procedures can be performed standalone or in combination with surgical procedures for even more impressive results.
- Dermal Fillers: Juvéderm®, Restylane
- Volume Restoration: Voluma®, BodyBanking®
- Neuromodulators: Botox®, Dysport®, Xeomin®
- Laser Procedures
- Scar Reduction
The male face ages differently than the female face, but men have similar goals of wanting to maintain their youthful appearance throughout their lives. A plastic surgeon must take the subtle differences between male and female skin, as well as what comprises the ideal look for their male patients.
No matter what your specific cosmetic concerns might be, Dr. Miller can help. At Gotham Plastic Surgery, we frequently perform the following for our male patients:
Trust the Experts
The Plastic Surgery Podcast with Dr. Philip Miller
Tune into The Plastic Surgery Podcast, hosted by facial plastic surgeon Dr. Philip Miller. Dr. Miller is here to answer your questions, de-mystify plastic surgery, and help you feel more knowledgeable and empowered about any procedure performed at our center.
Episode 44: My First Time8 min
Episode 43: Top 10 Reasons Not To Get A Rhinoplasty ( Plastic Surgery)20 min
Episode 42 : Osteomas & Lipomas11 min
Episode 41: All Ears Considered!8 min
Episode 40: Infrared Light Therapy9 min
Episode 39: Beauty, the Plateau6 min
Episode 38: Botox and Dermal Fillers3 min
Episode 37: Cost of Rhinoplasty1 min
Episode 36: Different Types of Nasal Surgeries3 min
Episode 35: Do You Have to Break the Nose for Rhinoplasty?2 min
Episode 34: Do You Have to Stay Overnight After Having a Rhinoplasty?2 min
Episode 33: Don't Have a Rhinoplasty!2 min
Episode 32: Endonasal or External1 min
Episode 31: Are You a Candidate?2 min
Episode 31: Asian Nose Job3 min
Episode 30: In The Office17 min
Episode 29: Can My Nose be Made Smaller?4 min
Episode 28: Can't Breath Through Nose3 min
Episode 27: Chin Implants - Mentoplasty2 min
Episode 26: Columellar Struts23 sec
Episode 25: Common Terms5 min
Episode 24: Connection Between Facial Resurfacing and Tattooing5 min
Episode 23: The Sooner, The Better?4 min
Plastic Surgery w/ Dr. Miller
If you're thinking about getting a lift, nip, or tuck, this app is for you. It's the most comprehensive pocket encyclopedia of plastic surgery terms, before and after photos, and visualization tools to help you really know what to expect from a procedure, including seeing potential results on your own photo. This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.View in App Store >