Why People Choose Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
Whether it’s the influence of social media, the desire to look younger and boost one’s self-esteem, or the technological advances that make certain procedures less invasive, people are more accepting of cosmetic plastic surgery than ever before. Although most people assume that going under the knife is solely for altering the appearance, there are other benefits to cosmetic plastic surgery.
Comprising Manhattan’s first collaborative duo of a facial plastic surgeon and a general plastic surgeon, Philip Miller, MD, FACS and Douglas Steinbrech, MD, FACS work together to combine minimally-invasive techniques and advanced technology to help patients achieve the best version of themselves. Their unique approach to cosmetic plastic surgery addresses both restorative and transformative changes, producing natural-looking results and helping patients achieve Aesthetic Confidence®.
What is Cosmetic Plastic Surgery?
Cosmetic plastic surgery is a specialized area of medicine that focuses on enhancing the appearance with advanced surgical techniques. Plastic surgeons can perform procedures on all areas of the head, neck, and body, and these procedures aim to improve an individual’s self-esteem as well as satisfaction with their new appearance. While they are performed for aesthetic reasons and not for resolving health issues, cosmetic plastic surgery can provide health benefits, too.
Who Should Consider Cosmetic Plastic Surgery?
Whether you should consider cosmetic plastic surgery depends on several factors, including your overall health, the cosmetic issues
you’d like to treat, and your aesthetic goals. Specifically, patients who meet the following criteria may be good candidates for cosmetic plastic surgery:
- Has advanced signs of aging (wrinkling and deep furrowing, sagging skin, etc.)
- Has concerns that cannot be addressed through non-surgical treatments
- Desires permanent results
- Has realistic expectations
- Has time for the recovery process
- Has finances ready to cover the procedure/s
Benefits of Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
While surgeons perform cosmetic plastic surgery procedures to improve a patient’s appearance, the aesthetic changes achieved are just one of the benefits it can offer. Its many advantages can be life-changing for certain patients.
When you look good, you feel good. If you are satisfied with your rejuvenated appearance after a facelift, your natural-looking breasts after breast reconstruction surgery, or your more sculpted physique after a body banking procedure, you should feel more positive and confident. More self-confidence means greater willingness to explore new things and improved social interactions.
Improved Physical Health
In addition to improving your appearance, some cosmetic plastic surgery procedures can positively impact your physical health too. For instance, a patient may develop improved breathing and quality of sleep after a functional rhinoplasty or enjoy relief from neck pain associated with having large breasts after a breast reduction procedure. Those who undergo liposuction to eliminate excess fat from the body can also gain the benefit of reduced stress on the joints, improving hip and knee pain.
Long-Term Body Contouring Results
Those who undergo body contouring procedures such as liposuction and tummy tucks may find it more manageable to maintain weight loss after their cosmetic plastic surgery procedures. The satisfaction that you get from your procedure’s positive outcome may help motivate you to live a healthier lifestyle. Maintaining a healthy weight will not only lead to a healthier and leaner-looking body but also a reduced risk for certain weight-related illnesses.
Common Cosmetic Plastic Surgeries
Cosmetic plastic surgery procedures are more popular than ever in the United States. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), Americans underwent more than 18.1 million cosmetic surgical procedures in 2019 to enhance their appearance. Listed below are some of the popular cosmetic plastic surgeries in the country, which are all offered at our plastic surgery clinic in Manhattan:
- Liposuction – This is a surgical procedure that removes undesirable fat deposits to improve the body’s shape. We perform liposuction on the face, arms, stomach, hips, thighs, buttocks, and back.
- Breast augmentation – Augmentation surgically enhances the breasts through implants. It is ideal for those with tubular and asymmetrical breasts, those who have gone through mastectomy, or those who simply want to look and feel sexier or more feminine.
- Blepharoplasty – This surgery removes excess or sagging skin that impairs vision or contributes to an aged appearance. Dr. Miller performs a lower eyelid procedure to alleviate persistent under-eye bags or an upper eyelid surgery to create an “eye lift” by removing extra skin and fat, and tightening loose muscle that causes the eyelids to droop. The result is a refreshed and more alert appearance.
- Abdominoplasty – Commonly known as “tummy tuck,” this procedure removes excess skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen and tightens the outlying skin. Dr. Steinbrech often performs tummy tucks on people who have lost weight after bariatric surgery or those who have excess skin after being pregnant. A tummy tuck is one of the procedures in our mommy makeover.
- Breast reduction – This procedure removes the unnecessary abundance of glandular tissue and skin on women with oversized breasts. In addition to improved appearance, surgeons perform breast reduction procedures to help women return breasts to their smaller, pre-pregnancy size, achieve back pain relief and better posture, or find clothes that fit them better.
- Rhinoplasty – Commonly known as a “nose job,” this procedure reshapes the nose to make it fit more harmoniously with the rest of the face. Dr. Miller is considered one of the country’s foremost experts in rhinoplasty and can create a customized result for you.
- Rhytidectomy – Popularly known as a facelift, this surgical procedure corrects signs of aging such as wrinkles and sagging skin to restore a youthful, fresh-faced appearance. It also enhances the jawline and improves facial contours. Dr. Miller commonly performs neck lifts in conjunction with facelifts.
- Breast lift – This surgery treats sagging, poorly shaped, or deflated-looking breasts typically caused by weight loss or pregnancy. Dr. Steinbrech raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissues to create a fuller appearance with more youthful contours.
- Forehead lift – Also known as a “brow lift,” this procedure pulls the skin of the forehead tighter to reduce wrinkles, smooth creases, correct “hooded” eyelids, improve frown lines, and give the eyebrows a lift. The eyebrows’ new, elevated position gives the face a more alert, energetic, and youthful look.
- Gynecomastia treatment – This surgical procedure treats enlarged male breasts to restore a firmer, flatter chest. Dr. Steinbrech is one of the nation’s most sought out experts for men’s surgery and can either perform liposuction to remove breast fat or perform male breast reduction surgery to remove breast gland tissue.
No matter what procedure you select, Dr. Miller or Dr. Steinbrech will take you through the NatraLook® process, which evaluates and expands the typical cosmetic plastic surgery experience into a safe, un-intimidating opportunity to nurture your Aesthetic Confidence®. It provides a reassuring, supportive, and positive environment where you can discuss and work through your personal obstacles and goals, resulting in a clear, Unified Vision® for enhancing the new you.
Seek the Best Plastic Surgery Clinic in Manhattan For Your Cosmetic Procedures
Cosmetic plastic surgery procedures can make a big impact on the way you see yourself and ultimately, the way you live. Dr. Miller and Dr. Steinbrech provide innovative and comprehensive treatment plans in a state-of-the-art facility, yielding natural-looking results that may exceed your unique aesthetic goals. To learn more about our cosmetic plastic surgery procedures, contact our plastic surgery clinic today.
Plastic Surgery from Head to ToeServices >
Trust the Experts
The Plastic Surgery Podcast with Dr. Philip Miller
Tune into The Plastic Surgery Podcast, hosted by facial plastic surgeon Dr. Philip Miller. Dr. Miller is here to answer your questions, de-mystify plastic surgery, and help you feel more knowledgeable and empowered about any procedure performed at our center.
Episode 38: My First Time8 min
Episode 37: Top 10 Reasons Not To Get A Rhinoplasty ( Plastic Surgery)20 min
Episode 36: Do You Have to Break the Nose for Rhinoplasty?2 min
Episode 35: Do You Have to Stay Overnight After Having a Rhinoplasty?2 min
Episode 34: Don't Have a Rhinoplasty!2 min
Episode 33: Endonasal or External1 min
Episode 32: Are You a Candidate?2 min
Episode 31: Asian Nose Job3 min
Episode 30: In The Office17 min
Episode 29: Can My Nose be Made Smaller?4 min
Episode 28: Can't Breath Through Nose3 min
Episode 27: Chin Implants - Mentoplasty2 min
Episode 26: Columellar Struts23 sec
Episode 25: Common Terms5 min
Episode 24: Connection Between Facial Resurfacing and Tattooing5 min
Episode 23: The Sooner, The Better?4 min
Plastic Surgery w/ Dr. Miller
If you're thinking about getting a lift, nip, or tuck, this app is for you. It's the most comprehensive pocket encyclopedia of plastic surgery terms, before and after photos, and visualization tools to help you really know what to expect from a procedure, including seeing potential results on your own photo. This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.View in App Store >
Plastic Surgery w/ Dr. Steinbrech
"Men’s Plastic Surgery" is an app created by renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Steinbrech, board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons under the American Board of Medical Specialties. With this app, you can peruse specials, check out unique promotions, view before and after photos, and join our private social media community.View in App Store >