Reasons for Choosing Permanent Makeup
Permanent makeup with will help with all of the following:
- Hair loss from alopecia, chemotherapy, accidents, burns, cosmetic surgery or aging.
- Physically active people who want to look their best throughout activities such as aerobics, running, swimming, boating, and don’t want to worry about “sweating off” or reapplying cosmetics.
- Men who want feature enhancement that looks natural and not “made up.”
- Allergies to ordinary makeup or you may have sensitive skin.
- Motor impaired – arthritis, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke patients, and those with an unsteady hand who cannot apply their own makeup.
- People who just always want to look their best—mothers and other busy professionals who do not have the time for applying makeup each day.
Micropigmentation, sometimes referred to as “permanent makeup,” is a semi-invasive procedure; the skin is penetrated in order for the implantation of pigment to occur.
Permanent makeup should enhance your natural features, without giving a “made-up” look. Topical makeup trends change from season to season. However, having thick lashes and defined brows and lips will never go out of style. Therefore, permanent makeup is not meant to replace topical makeup. It gives you the advantage of looking natural, only better, even when not wearing conventional makeup.
Eyebrows that are too light, sparse, or nonexistent, can be beautifully enhanced and improved with micro pigmentation. Eyebrows are important because they frame your eyes and give your face expression. When the eyebrows are fuller and extended, you get a more youthful appearance. Norma can extend, augment and improve the appearance of your eyebrows with a soft, powdery eyebrow or by simulated hair strokes with a 3-dimensional effect.
Permanent eyeliner is placed in the lash line, which enhances and defines the beauty of the eyes. Norma's technique is a very natural look and will make lashes appear thicker when not wearing mascara. It opens the eyes and makes them “pop.”
Permanent lip color is perfect for asymmetrically shaped lips, thick lips, thin lips, or lips with uneven vermillion borders. It will also eliminate the problem of lipstick “bleeding” into the fine lines around the mouth.
How Long Will My Permanent Makeup Last?
Permanent makeup is long-lasting. However, as you become accustomed to your new makeup, it’s not uncommon to want more. You may want to freshen up your new makeup every couple years. The darker the color, such as black, the longer it will stay unchanged in your skin. More natural, delicate colors are sometimes vulnerable to the effects of sun, swimming, and breakdown by the body. As a general rule, eyeliner, and lip color have the longest longevity, approximately 2 to 5 years, depending on the color used. Eyebrows may not need a touch up for 1 to 3 years.
How Long Does Each Procedure Take?
Approximately 1 to 2 hours. There will be an additional follow up procedure that will take place about three to six weeks from the day of the initial procedure.
Is Permanent Makeup Painful?
Permanent makeup procedures are semi-invasive and there may be some discomfort. It really does vary on each individual’s threshold for pain, but the sensation can be compared to tweezing. A topical anesthetic is used to numb the areas.
What is the Aftercare?
- Brows – Do not pick, peel or force exfoliate while they are healing (usually about 7 days). Do not apply any additional makeup to the area while they are healing. Pat aftercare ointment provided on with a clean finger and splash only water on them during the healing process. You will experience 30% to 50% fading with the 1st application.
- Eyes – Apply a light coat of aftercare ointment provided with a Q-tip before washing your face in the PM and wipe excess off with a damp cloth. Continue this process for 4 days. You can wear mascara on the tips of your lashes in 24 hours if you purchase a new tube, otherwise, don’t wear any eye makeup for 4 days. You will experience 30% to 50% fading with the 1st application.
- Lips – Immediately following the treatment there may be some swelling. This will usually last no more than 24 hours. Apply aftercare ointment provided to lips throughout the day whenever they feel dry. You will experience dryness, similar to chapped lips. Do not force peel lips when they start to peel. You will experience 30% to 50% fading with the 1st application.
Is the Treatment Safe?
The equipment used complies with all relevant health and safety requirements. All needles are disposable, sterile and of the highest quality. Sterilization and hygiene are of the utmost importance before, during, and after the treatment. All procedures are performed in a doctor’s office.
Plastic Surgery from Head to ToeServices >
Trust the Experts
The Plastic Surgery Podcast with Dr. Philip Miller
Tune into The Plastic Surgery Podcast, hosted by facial plastic surgeon Dr. Philip Miller. Dr. Miller is here to answer your questions, de-mystify plastic surgery, and help you feel more knowledgeable and empowered about any procedure performed at our center.
The Plastic Surgery Podcast
Episode 36: Do You Have to Break the Nose for Rhinoplasty?
Episode 36: Do You Have to Break the Nose for Rhinoplasty?2 min
Episode 35: Do You Have to Stay Overnight After Having a Rhinoplasty?2 min
Episode 34: Don't Have a Rhinoplasty!2 min
Episode 33: Endonasal or External1 min
Episode 32: Are You a Candidate?2 min
Plastic Surgery w/ Dr. Miller
If you're thinking about getting a lift, nip, or tuck, this app is for you. It's the most comprehensive pocket encyclopedia of plastic surgery terms, before and after photos, and visualization tools to help you really know what to expect from a procedure, including seeing potential results on your own photo. This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.View in App Store >
Plastic Surgery w/ Dr. Steinbrech
"Men’s Plastic Surgery" is an app created by renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Steinbrech, board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons under the American Board of Medical Specialties. With this app, you can peruse specials, check out unique promotions, view before and after photos, and join our private social media community.View in App Store >